Monday, November 27, 2006

LJUBLJANA TRAIN STATION (Winter 2003)


The airplane to Munchen touches down
and my eager toes alight
They brought me to the hauptbahnhof, soon
but not so soon enough

All around me the clouds converge
scattering this dreamy
specks of dainty white that promises
to stay the night

I have to sleep with Marie Therese
alone in this wintry bed
I am so eager that I drag my foot
across the slippery road

To the house that will give me the stamp
to cross this silent line
While you wait for me beside the lighted lamp
on a dark and chilly night

Off to Villach aboard a galloping horse
that swiftly takes me past
magical castles all in white that wonder
fills my hungry heart

All around you the clouds unite
scattering this dreamy
specks of exquisite white that fall on your coat
but they disappear into the night.

No comments: